Leg of Young Goat with Turnip Compote Recipe
Servings : 4
Preparation Time : 40 Min.
Cooking Time : 50 Min.
Difficulty Level : Easy
Recommended Wine : Sauvageon 1998 Vin rouge du Lac de Bienne-Canton de
Cooking Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Leg of young goat (gigot), about 2 lbs.
- 0.85 Cups Dark fond (young goat)
- 0.7 Oz. Peanut oil
- 1.8 Oz. Butter
- Salt, pepper
- 20 Small potatoes, turned in olive oil
The gremolata sauce
- 4 Dried tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 1 Lemon peel, cut into small dice
- 4 Garlic cloves, cut into small dice
- 0.7 Oz. Minced parsley
- 1 Tsp. Thyme leafs
- 1 Oz. Hazelnut butter
- 1.1 Lbs. Turnip compote
- 1 Small onion, hacked
- 0.42 Cups Fowl bouillon
- 0.42 Cups white wine, dry
- 1 Oz. Grated potato, raw
- 1.4 Oz. Butter
- Salt, pepper
- 2 Juniper berries
Preparation Instructions : Leg of Young Goat with Turnip Compote Recipe
Preparation of the Turnip Compote
- Stew the onion with 0.35 oz. butter. Add the turnip compote (like for the sauerkraut, if the compote is too strong, wash it a little bit).
- Moisten with white wine and fowl bouillon. Then, cook with the juniper.
- After 30 minutes cooking, there should only be a few spoons of liquid left. Bind with the raw potato and 1 oz. butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- lt and pepper the gigot and color it gently in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add butter and continue the cooking for 8 minutes. From time to time, sprinkle with water.
- Put the gigot on the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan, except the parsley. Reheat slowly.
- Season with some salt and end by adding parsley.
Ending and Presentation
- Cook the potatoes in salted water. Drain and butter lightly.
- Place the turnip compote on a dish and top if with the young goat leg (the gigot de cabri), covered with gremolata.
- Put the potatoes around the ensemble. Present this plate to your guests and cut it right in front of them. Serve a gravy bowl with the dark cabri fond with it.
Check out the video version of this article on YouTube : Leg of Young Goat with Turnip Compote Recipe