How to Fill an Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card
When people come to the United States of America, they come as a resident. The United States of America issue them a card, called the “The Resident Permanent Card.” This card allow many residents to work while in the US, get health assistant and to identify themselves as resident of the US.
But what happened when you lose this card. How to get a replacement. Please enjoy reading this article which will help you in case this happened to you.
Things You’ll Need
- Personal Information
- 3 Steps to Fill an Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card
- 1. If you lost your green card, you don’t need to pay a lawyer tons of money, just do it yourself.
- 2. It is very easy to do, up to know the fee $290 plus 80 dollars biometric fee.
- 3. If you are not a computer savvy, here are the direct links to the instructions page and the application to help you fill this application better.
3 Steps to Fill an Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card
1. If you lost your green card, you don’t need to pay a lawyer tons of money, just do it yourself.
All you need to have is a computer at home. If you do just follow these easy steps. Go to www.uscis.gov, click on immigrations forms. Search for the form I-90 which is called “Application to Replace a Permanent Card.” and follow the instructions.
2. It is very easy to do, up to know the fee $290 plus 80 dollars biometric fee.
The reason why they charge you biometric fee is just to ensure that you are the person you said you are. Biometric fee is for fingerprint. The address where you have to send the application is the following:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 54870
Lost Angeles, CA 90054-0870
Hope you enjoy reading this article and remember that this application can also be used for other situations, not only to get a new card because it was stolen or lost.
Tips and Warnings
- Please remember that you need to be honest with the United States of America. We open the door for you, so you can help us be better.
- Always say the truth.
- Always make a copy of your permanent residence card and passport in case of a lost or stolen.
- When filling the application make sure you don’t add any false statement.
- Never give out your personal information to stranger.
You Might Also Like :: Irrevocable Living Trust Advantages