Banana Pumpkin Pie Recipe
National Pie Day is a special day created by the American Pie Council to encourage you to bake your favorite pie and to eat pie.
Such a delicious challenge!
Who is the mad genius who thinks these things up? I love you, whoever you are.
As a longstanding pie lover, I think this day should be a national holiday! So let’s celebrate not by hauling out an old standby, but by baking a brand new pie recipe.
Why don’t we do a riff on pumpkin pie? I could eat pumpkin pie any day of the year and not just for Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin pie is a champion multi-tasker – it’s great for dessert, but also for breakfast. C’mon, try to tell me you have never had leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast.
So let’s put a new twist on it.
You Might Also Like : 10 Ways with Pumpkins
Banana Pumpkin Pie Recipes
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Mashed ripe bananas about 3 medium
- 1 cup Evaporated milk or light cream
- 1 Unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 3 Eggs slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
- Stir in pumpkin, bananas, eggs and evaporated milk.
- Pour into unbaked pastry shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until tip of knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool on a rack, and serve at room temperature.
You Might Also Like : Beyond Pumpkin Pie
Check out the video version of this article on YouTube